Harmonious Service Experiences with Dynamics 365 for Field Service
Dynamics 365 for Field Service: Offer Your Customers a Harmonious Service Experience
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Field Service is transforming the way in which organizations manage their representatives in the field and, more importantly, offer customers a harmonious service experience from the initial inquiry to service completion. The innovative end-to-end technology of Field Service allows companies to do more with less staff, maintain a competitive advantage, and cut costs of mobile servitization.
Field Service builds on the already powerful platform of Dynamics for Customer Engagement (CE) by introducing a comprehensive service solution comprised of new entities, dashboards, workflow automation, scheduling algorithms, and even a companion mobile application for those in the field. In addition to the components included in Field Service, organizations can also incorporate current Dynamics customizations – like custom fields, views, and entities – into the Field Service application. With the breadth of configurations available, Field Service is perfectly tailored to increase ROI for businesses across all industries and specializations, including:
- Service and Utilities – Geolocation offers dispatchers a better way to manage and organize the service schedules for technicians covering a large territory
- Health care – Remote health care service providers can see real-time patient information when arriving for in-home services, and update vital information in just a few clicks
- Manufacturing – Recurring maintenance schedules can be automated to reduce the need for human intervention while increasing the lifespan of expensive machinery
- Equipment Repairs – Technicians can be assigned and dispatched to troubleshoot faulty equipment based on their expertise of specific technology
Adapting to new technology and shifts in customer interaction is vital to stay competitive in today’s markets. Dynamics 365 for Field Service offers cutting-edge technology for the price of a standard software package, which ensures organizations of any size can utilize the expansive functionality with the familiar look and feel they have grown accustomed to Dynamics 365. Some of the most exciting features of Field Service include:
- Geolocation – With the Field Service Mobile application, dispatchers know where their technicians and resources are at all times, and can even schedule work orders to optimize fuel efficiency and technician availability.
- Resource Management – Keep track of company resources – whether its employees, contractors, equipment, meeting rooms, or specific technology – and manage their unique characteristics, skills, and proficiency levels to help dispatchers align the right resources with the right customers.
- Agreements – Automatically generate work orders for equipment maintenance, routine service, or check-up appointments to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Incidents – Prepopulate work orders with products, services, tasks, price lists, and resource requirements to ensure service consistency.
- Universal Resource Scheduling (URS) – Whether you’re scheduling for a work order, job, project, or other custom entity, URS helps assign the best resources based on availability, skillset, proficiency level, location, and time frame.
- Schedule Assistant – A semi-automated way to optimize available resources, Schedule Assistant does the heavy lifting by aligning the right resources with the right jobs, all you have to do is book!
- Resource Schedule Optimization (RSO) – A fully-automated scheduling client that uses advanced algorithms to automatically book resources to jobs to optimize travel time, work hours, and technician skillsets.
- Connected Field Service and IoT – IoT (Internet of Things) technology enables organizations to be proactive in their service by using data feeds directly from equipment to monitor when an issue is imminent, and dispatch technicians automatically based on severity.
- Remote Assist – Utilize the power of mixed-reality by combining Field Service with Microsoft HoloLens to let remote experts collaborate with field agents through holographic annotations and file sharing.
With so many great features and technology, is Field Service the right solution for your organization? Contact the CRM experts at TrellisPoint to schedule a consultation and find out how you can:
- Increase scheduling capacity without increasing human resources or extending work hours
- Better utilize field agents based on their abilities, and improve first time fix rates
- Provide techs with important information real-time for rapid troubleshooting and repair
- Reduce costs in travel, down time, and staffing needs
- Improve customer satisfaction through proactive servicing and flexible, responsive scheduling